+meets+a+new+dog+(under+tail)+%40+Mutt+Strut.jpg)
Oh man what a great time we had last weekend. All sorts of humans were out in full force with their canine counterparts. I have never seen so many of my own species in one place without having to be in a confined area. I mean don't get me wrong I like going to this new dog park to sniff out the competition and all but to actually be taken on a full fledged walk and get treats along the way was inspiring.
Apparently they have this annual event called "Mutt Strut" where dogs and their owners come out and stop by various checkpoints and win clues to a grand prize or something to that effect. All I know is that the one we call Nancy signed me up for this musical walking contest where we walked in a circle with all these other dogs and when the music stopped had to sit real quickly because if you were the last dog to sit would be eliminated. I eventually did get the boot but I wasn't the first dog to get eliminated so I didn't feel like a complete loser. I only did it because every time I sat would be given a bacon treat for doing so.
There was another contest that I'm glad I didn't have to be a part of. That was the one for who was the best kisser between my species and and our handlers. Gross! Brody seemed to really get into it but then he's new to this family and is easily amused. he's not a bad brother to have because I can out-run him but at ten months old I think he is going to be bigger than me pretty soon. Still, he is slow and is too heavy to jump into the moving vehicle with no legs attached to it when we get to go on a ride. it' starting to get colder here and I look forward to having it snow again and very soon too. it's gonna be hysterical to watch Brody experience the white stuff because he has never seen it and will have a good laugh at his expense when he tries to figure out what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment